Thursday, September 4, 2014

Exciting things are happening...

The last time I posted, we had left just as the roofers were beginning, so a lot has happened since then...
Luke and I headed out again on Thursday the 28th. We weren't going to get in until about 11pm and by the time we got the rental car (actually a F150 truck) and got to the hotel it would be midnight. I thought I would just get a cheap hotel close to the airport since all we would be doing was sleeping for a few hours before heading out. Let me just say: DON'T EVER STAY AT THE TRAVELODGE IN ORLANDO, EVER! We got to the room and it was pretty disgusting. The air didn't work, the blow dryer didn't work, and we kept our socks on just to be safe. Luke woke up at 5am with diarrhea and vomiting. We were supposed to pick up a couple things off Craigslist at 9am so around 6:00 we headed out. I stole the ice bucket in case he had to throw up in the car. We went to Wal Mart and bought a blanket and pillow so Luke could lay down in the back seat. No one was home at the first stop so we headed east to Costco to pick up a dresser. Then the first guy called and he was home so we went back, and then finally headed over to the beach, arriving at 1:00 in the afternoon. The painters were hard at work power washing the exterior of the house, I picked up some more furniture, and a t.v. and then met with the roofer and the building inspector for our AC units. Reed got in around 2am. We had Direct TV arriving at 8am. The painters also arrived early and started painting the exterior. What a difference a little paint can make! Reed and I worked on lots of little inside projects over the weekend. Here is some of the progress.


  




There were a dozen guys working steady for five days.

Then the power washing and painting began...






They are still painting for another couple of days but it is really coming along. The neighbors keep stopping by to say "thank you." It has been such an eyesore for so long. I spoke with the director of the historical society and they are interested in doing a fundraising tour when we get it finished. There is lots of work being done over the next couple of weeks so I will post photos as I get them.


See you all soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, I always love to read your comments...