Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Progress...

I haven't posted in awhile because we have been in Colorado for the past few weeks. Luke and I are heading back out to Florida on Sunday and rather than wait until I come back, I thought I would at least catch everybody up on the house progress. We have been so fortunate to have some great people working on the house while we are away. Jimmy is the "go to guy". If he can't do it, he knows someone who can. We had a really weird room that was open to the dining room. I think it used to be a porch and was closed in at some point. Jimmy closed in the wall and had someone sheet rock and plaster it on the dining room side. He put tongue and groove on the walls on the "porch" side which will be painted white. We will use it as a breakfast room and put our German beer garden table in there. We had some bad news from Guy, our plumber; seems the main sewer line was cracked all along the bottom and was leaking into the crawlspace. (I won't post any photos of that!) While he was under there he discovered (along with many animal skeletons) that we had some air ducts that were not attached and were blowing our very precious cool air right out into the crawlspace under the house. Jimmy had a guy come and fix it. He also had a guy come and fix our missing window panes and he is also adding a frameless glass shower enclosure to the master bath. Thank you Jimmy! The yard has now been all cleaned up and trimmed and they have started on the exterior stucco repairs. The missing upstairs windows will be installed on Monday and the roof should be replaced next week. My focus this trip will be to do lots of interior painting and Luke is going to pressure wash the driveway. He will enjoy that for about five minutes! Reed will join us Friday or Saturday, after his next trip. He is flying his tail off to pay for all of this!


Weird porch room?


Dining room side. Can't wait to lose the purple!




With the tongue and groove



Stucco "before'


Stucco "after"


Porch ceiling "after"
I don't have a "before" but it had to be completely redone


Remember the two giant bougainvillea? WACK!


That's all for now. I will update everyone when 
I return on the 11th. 

Thanks for following along!


















































No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by, I always love to read your comments...